Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sleepless nights/one day at a time

It's getting early, almost 2:30 am and I've been up for hours. It's the third night in a row that my body has forced me awake and my mind is spinning faster than Lance Armstrong could peddle. I'm simply exhausted but my mind can't stop. And it's not as though any of these thoughts trucking through my brain are important ones- they are seemingly random pieces of information that have been driving in circles for hours, days even, that I can't seem to let go of. I've started to think that this pattern I seem to be setting up for myself is natures way of getting me ready for parenthood, a way of kicking me in the ass now to prepare me for long nights of feedings and diaper changes to come. However, there is a huge part of me that wonders if I'll ever be ready and if there is a way to prepare for this or if it's something I'll have to take one day at a time.

No comments: