Saturday, April 19, 2008

Email saves the day again

I was having a hard day at work yesterday. It was one of those days like Alexander has in Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day when out of the blue I received a email from Sam's mom. In it she said that she had gone to Sam's old school to pick up his workbooks and belongings to take them to his new school. One of the things in his desk was a notebook with each page corresponding to a letter from the alphabet. She said that she was reading through it because the goal of the notebook was to see how many works each student knew for each letter and she wanted to see what words he knew. On the B page it said birthmom and on the J page it said Jessica and on the K page it said Kansas. After telling me this she went on to say that Sam is very open about his relationship with me and that he loves me and that he talks about me often. She said that this makes her happy and that she loves me too. And after reading this, there I was, at work having a wonderful day and bawling over the nicest email I'd received in ages.

No comments: