Sunday, February 22, 2009

This Old Dog


The last time this came up was right before we go married. Nick told me that he would not marry me unless I either learned to love to ski. For months this was him mantra and I almost thought he was kidding (it just seemed so ridiculous) but let me tell you, this 31 year old dog learned a new trick.
I'm not black diamond but I'm a solid blue. I can ski from the top of the mountain down. After 5 days in Tahoe I feel like a pro. My dreams are filled with ski moves, much like the feeling that you get after being at the water park for the day. You know how after leaving the park you still feel like you are in the wave pool? It has been like that with me and skiing- I feel shift of the snow under my boots when I close my eyes. I think after the next ski trip I'll be a pro.