Sunday, December 28, 2008

Logan the Great


Tonight Nick and I decided that we need to get really into RC airplanes and model airplanes. As we were driving out to our friends house on Clinton Lake we passed by the RC airplane flying park and there was the big huge plane flying. It made me think of all the rockets I built growing up and how much pleasure I got out of them. I think that I actually got more pleasure out of making them with family, the actual art of building it with parents and siblings at the kitchen table, then the flying of the rockets. So I'd like to issue a challenge, the Logan Airplane/Rocket Challenge. For Logan's first birthday Nick has said that he does not want to have a big party. I, of course, would like to. The compromise is that we are going to have a party but a little one and I think that it needs to be RC Airplane / rocket flying themed. If you can make it the first weekend in May 2009 to Lawrence, Kansas bring a rocket to fly. If you cannot, fly one in your little corner of the world. Just be sure to build it with someone you love at the kitchen table.