Friday, October 24, 2008

This little maricle


It's been such a long time since I've written in this little blog of mine but then again I have had a huge learning curve. Can it be true that Logan is already 2 months old? Can it be true that he can smile independently of bodily functions and purely as a reaction to someone interacting with him? Wow.





Yes, It's true. I made a rad happy baby who smiles and laughs and enjoys everyone . Having him up at Balsam Lake for 10 days was a big challenge and an even bigger joy.



Everyone was wonderful and helpful. The best thing was having Sammy meet Logan: this was absolutely priceless. Having them enjoy each others company was even more priceless. Sam at first seemed a bit confused and befuddled by this little lump of baby. But as the week progressed Logan began to eye Sam with those twinkling blue eyes and pretty soon Sam was as infatuated as the rest of us.



To see the child that I 'gave up' for adoption (such a cold term) interact with Logan with such ease and willingness was beyond my comprehension at times. Sam's desire to connect was evident. However, the only person that could have outdone Logan in coolness in Sam's eyes was Nick. Nick will, I fear, forever be the raddest in Sam's eyes. This makes me a bit jealous but very happy at the same time.